Eco Blue Warranty
Covered Structure Warranty
909 West Vista Way
Vista, California, 92083
We are the exclusive applicator of ECOB’S protective coatings for our line of custom mill products. ECOB‘S coatings protect against moisture, mold, wood-rot decay and termites.
Sustainable & Eco-Friendly
ECOB‘S eco-friendly coatings are a topically applied solution that contains no formaldehyde or hazardous chemicals, that can be applied to all dimensional lumber, engineered wood, panels, trim, siding and custom millwork. This coating is also an excellent primer.
Superior Indoor Air Quality
ECOB’S coatings have been tested in accordance with ul 2821 and astm D5116, and has been certified as greenguard gold, demonstrating the products’ low voc emissions for building products and interior finishes.
Non-Corrosive to Fastners
ECOB’S coatings are non-corrosive to metal fasteners.
New testing reveals that wood, when treated with ecob's coatings, are sealed as efficiently as most primers, while still allowing a great surface for paint to adhere. We still require an oil based or latex primer with stain-blocking characteristics to prevent tannin acid bleed thru in addition to two finisih paint coatings to maintain warranty
Note: Any field cuts or modification after the factory coating has been applied must be resealed. Ask your dealer for end cut touch up spray bottle. (see below)
A light caulking is required at all hole penetrations including nails or screws.
10-Year Limited Warranty
At ECO, we stand behind our product with an unprecedented 10-year warranty for ecob protected lumber. We believe it will last ten times as long, but this is a good start.
For more information about ECO’S protective coatings, please visit www.ecob.net.
1. 10 Year Limited Warranty. Eco Building Products, Inc. (ECOB), warrants the Treated surface of non ground contact interior/exterior wood component(s) of a covered structure, which have been treated by an ECOB authorized coating facility with the ECOB WOOD – AF21, DOT Wood Preservative and WoodSurfaceFilmTM process (ECOB WOOD Treated Components) under the quality controls as defined in the ICC-ES Engineering Services Report ESR 3255. The surface of the ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) is warranted to inhibit mold fungus growth/mycotoxin production on the cured surface of the film; rot fungi decay and wood ingesting insects (including subterranean or Formosan termites) or carpenter ants, due to the failure of ECOB WoodSurfaceFilmTM treatment while owned for 10 years by any owner/occupant from the date of purchase (Warranty Period). Such failure must render the ECOB WOOD Treated Component incapable of performing its intended function. This 10 Year Limited Warranty applies only to ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) incorporated into residential and non-residential covered structure construction.
Furthermore ECOB warrants the treated surface of interior/exterior wood components of a covered structure for up to twelve (12) months in an exposed vertical framed state, subject to proper documentation indicating completion of structure exterior wrapping process. Subject to the Warranty Exclusions and Limitations of Liability set forth below, ECOB will repair, recoat, or replace, at no cost to the original owner-occupant, any ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) that becomes unfit for its intended function or purpose, during the Warranty Period, solely as a result of mold fungus growth/mycotoxin production on the cured surface of the film; rot fungi decay or wood ingesting insects (including subterranean and Formosan termites), or carpenter ants, due to the failure of the certified ECOB WOOD - AF21, DOT Wood Preservative and WoodSurfaceFilmTM process. The Warranty Period begins on the date of purchase. This 10 Years Limited Warranty is transferable to successor(s) in interest of the original owneroccupant.
2. Warranty Exclusions This 10 Years Limited Warranty(s) (Warranty) does not cover, and specifically excludes, any loss or damage to any ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) that has been caused in part or whole by:
3. Inspection and Maintenance/ Installation To maintain the warranty for supplemental wood ingesting insect protection, all applicable state and local building codes for a Primary Termite Treatment must be satisfied. NOTE: If state and/or local codes require a Primary Termite Treatment, the covered structure must be inspected at least once a year by a duly licensed and certified pest control operator, and the owner shall obtain a Subterranean Termite Re-Treatment Agreement and Pest Control Bond from a reputable pest control company effective throughout the term of this 10 Years Warranty, requiring re-treatment and repair of any structural damage by the pest control company. The owner shall claim against such bond before making a claim against ECOB. ECOB’s liability shall be for damage in excess of that covered by such bond. To maintain this warranty for supplemental wood ingesting insect protection if a claim is filed, a properly licensed contractor must complete product(s) installation and remedial work promptly. Additional treatments will be promptly conducted as necessary based on the results of the inspections. The Covered Structure in which the ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) are installed must be in compliance with all applicable building codes. To qualify for the 10 Years Limited Warranty, ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) cannot be used in (1.) an exterior exposure or in an interior space that creates an exterior environment, unless top-treated by an appropriate exterior paint, sealer or stain. (2.) direct contact with the ground (3.) any application which allows by design, building code, purpose or intent the accumulation of free standing water or prolonged wetting of water.
4. ECOB’s Maximum Liability or Obligation ECOB’s sole obligation and liability is limited to reasonable costs of recoating, removal, repair or replacement of the affected ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s), and including those costs incurred to restore structure to original condition, where ECOB has acknowledged, in writing, or the owner has demonstrated the certified ECOB WOOD – AF21, DOT Wood Preservative and WoodSurfaceFilmTM process (ECOB WOOD Treated Components) has failed because the Treated wood component(s) has become unfit for its original purpose due to mold fungus growth/mycotoxin production on the cured surface of the film and/or rot fungi decay and/or wood ingesting insects (including subterranean or Formosan termites) and/or carpenter ants. ECOB reserves the right to cure and have remedial work performed to rectify/satisfy the obligation and have affected ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) certified free of mold fungus growth on the cured surface of the film or damage from rot fungi decay or wood ingesting insects (including subterranean or Formosan termites) or carpenter ants.
5. Exclusion of Implied Warranties Limitation of Liability: This warranty is the only warranty applicable to the certified installed components. This limited warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, and no other warranties otherwise including, without limitation, those arising from the course of dealing or usage of trade or advertising, shall be binding on or obligate ECOB, except where such warranties arise under applicable consumer product warranty laws. In that event, the warranty is limited to such shorter periods permitted or required by the prevailing applicable law. Any implied warranties applicable to the ECOB WOOD – AF21, DOT Wood Preservative and WoodSurfaceFilmTM process, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed and excluded to the fullest extent allowed by law. In no event will ECOB be liable for any incidental, special, indirect, multiple, punitive, or consequential damages or effects resulting from any defect in the ECOB WOOD – AF21, DOT Wood Preservative and WoodSurfaceFilmTM process, including, without limitation, loss of use, lost profits, diminution in value, or lost income, even if ECOB has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, or loss or damage to any non ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) even if such loss or damage is caused by ECOB WOOD Treated Components.
6. Claim Procedure Notification To make a claim under this 10 Year Limited Warranty, the owner of the Covered Structure must notify the building contractor of the residential covered structure and/or ECOB in writing within thirty (30) days of the actual notice of mold fungus growth/mycotoxin production on the cured surface of the film or rot fungi or wood ingesting insect damage (including subterranean or Formosan termites) or carpenter ants to the ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s). Such notice must be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, and must include the following information: date of discovery of mold fungus growth/mycotoxin production on the cured surface of the film or damage from rot fungi or wood ingesting insects (including subterranean or Formosan termites) or carpenter ants, a description of the covered structure and ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) for which claim is being made, together with proof of ECOB WOOD – AF21, DOT Wood Preservative and WoodSurfaceFilmTM process of the Installed ECOB WOOD Treated Component(s) in question; photo(s) of damaged area and/or ECOB WOOD
Treated Component(s) supplier(s) and building owners telephone number must be sent to the following address(s): (1) Building contractor of the residential covered structure. (2) Eco Building Products, Inc., 909 West Vista Way, Vista California 92083.
7. Binding Arbitration Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this 10 Year Limited Warranty, or breach thereof, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any United States court having jurisdiction thereof. Arbitration shall be exclusively in San Diego, California. Whenever a controversy or claim is submitted to arbitration hereunder, the award of the arbitrator(s) shall include an assessment of the costs and reasonable attorney’s fees in favor of the prevailing party. The 10 Year Limited Warranty shall be governed exclusively by the law of the State of California without regard for the country or state’s choice of law or conflicts of law’s rules.
Cobblestone Mill Woodworks, Inc.
325 Wilbanks Drive | Ball Ground, GA 30107